Welcome to The T'ai Chi Room
T’ai Chi class, Abingdon
Experienced T’ai Chi Instructor, Helen Blantz is starting a new Beginners’ Class based at Saturn Fitness, Peachcroft Shopping Centre on Tuesday 18th September 2012. The course will run for 10 weeks.
Benefits of T’ai Chi
T’ai Chi Ch’uan is based on an ancient Chinese form of exercise. Slow, gentle movements strengthen and relax the body. T’ai Chi is many things – it has been described as a form of meditation, a martial art, a means of relaxation for body and spirit, as well as a system for developing good posture, physical balance and co-ordination.
T’ai Chi is widely reputed to have the following health-enhancing benefits:
- Develops good posture, balance and co-ordination
- Increases stamina, flexibility and strength
- Combats stress and encourages techniques to deal with stressful situations
- Improves breathing
- Improves clarity of mind
- Relaxes and focuses the mind
- Helps older people to build and maintain strength, minimising trips and falls
- Helps to nurture a general sense of wellbeing
- Improves sleep patterns after T’ai Chi practice
T’ai Chi – Beginners’ Course
Venue: Saturn Fitness, Abingdon
Start: Tuesday 18th September 2012
Time: 12pm – 1pm
Cost: £55 + 20% VAT (total £66)
How to book
Online booking available at www.thetaichiroom.co.uk (download Booking Form, and secure PayPal payment option available). Or download your Booking Form and post with cheque. If you have no access to the internet, please call Helen on (01993) 822725 or text 07970677595 and receive your Booking Form by post.
Spaces are limited – please book soon to secure your place!
Contact The T'ai Chi Room
Tel: 01993 822725